2022 Program Registration Consent and Waivers
LAST UPDATED: May 1, 2022
Please find below the policies and procedures applicable to all classes and programs offered by All-Star Learning Inc.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting and/or attending in-person programs offered by All-Star Learning, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Consent for Emergency Medical Care
While every effort will be made to reach parents/guardians in the event of a medical emergency, we require your permission to authorize any doctor to give necessary treatment in the event of such an emergency. I hereby grant permission for All-Star Learning Inc. to take whatever steps necessary to obtain
emergency medical care. These steps may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Attempt to contact a parent/guardian
2. Attempt to contact the child’s physician
3. Attempt to contact emergency contact person
If we cannot contact any of the above, we will call an ambulance and if necessary have the child taken to the emergency department of the hospital, in the company of a staff member. Any expense incurred under circumstances listed above will be paid by the child’s family. ALL-STAR LEARNING INC. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENT THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF INACCURATE INFORMATION GIVEN AT THE TIME OF ENROLLMENT OR THAT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED BY THE PARENT/GUARDIAN.
Permission to Use Photograph and Video
I hereby grant to All-Star Learning Inc., its representatives and employees, the right to take photographs and videos of my child(ren) registered via this form and/or his/her/their work and hereby consent to the use of such photographs and/or videos in All-Star Learning Inc's marketing and promotional materials, in print and/or electronically. I acknowledge and agree that All-Star Learning Inc. shall own all copyright in such pictures and videos. I agree that All-Star Learning Inc. may use such photographs and videos with or without our names for any marketing and/or promotional activity, including without limitation its website, newspaper advertisements and social media channels without any compensation and without any additional consent or authorization from All-Star Learning Inc..
I, the undersigned, for myself and sponsored dependent and guest, assume full responsibility for death, or any other injuries or damages which may occur to me or my sponsored guests or dependents in, on, or about the premises of the facility and do hereby fully and forever release and discharge All-Star Learning Inc. employees, officers, agents, servants and independent contractors from any and all suits, claims damages cost and expenses of any kind, in conjunction with the use of the facility and equipment thereof except that arising out of the sole negligence or willful misconduct of All-Star Learning Inc.
I, the undersigned, for myself and my sponsored dependents and guests further agree to use all related equipment, props and activity area properly and leave them in good condition. I, the undersigned, understand the activities which will be held during the program and have had my questions answered to my satisfaction. I, the undersigned, certify that the information I have given on my registration form is complete and accurate. By completing the class/program registration, I agree to the provisions of this Release of Liability Waiver for myself, for my sponsored dependents and guests, and for my heirs and assigns intending to be legally bound.
I further agree that it is my responsibility to provide updated information regarding my child to All-Star Learning Inc.
Online Classes Code of Conduct
1. Online e-meeting link(s) and password(s) will only be shared to parents who have enrolled their child(ren) in our online programs. Parents should NOT share any connection info with anyone.
2. Each online session will be led by 2 adult hosts/co-hosts. They will share the responsibilities of monitoring the access of participants and all technical settings and functions, such as control of audio video, screen sharing, use of whiteboard and chat, etc...
3. There should be NO video recording or pictures/screenshots taken anytime during an online session.
4. Parents are encouraged to attend each online session with the enrolled child(ren).
5. The camera should be ON at all times during each online session. The mic should be on MUTE until the host asks the participant to unmute.
Consent to Communicate via Email
All-Star Learning Inc. uses email and other means electronic telecommunication to distribute information about the programs and activities. In accordance with Canada’s anti-spam legislation, we require your permission to communicate with you via email or other means of electronic telecommunications.
By registering your child(ren) in All-Star Learning Inc. programs, you are providing All-Star Learning Inc. with consent to communicate with you via electronic means of telecommunications. If, at any time, you wish to revoke this consent, please state such intention in writing to All-Star Learning Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Policies and Procedures
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, All-Star Learning Inc. reserves the right to cancel programs. Programs cancelled due to inclement weather are non-refundable. Make-up classes will be considered on a case-by-case basis. In the event that make-up classes cannot be accommodated, a refund or credit towards another program for the amount of the missed class may be provided. Please note that this policy only applies to classes that are missed due to inclement weather and will not apply to classes missed due to personal illness, vacation, etc.
Notice of program cancellation due to inclement weather will be sent via email to the email address provided by participants upon registration. Notice of program cancellation will also be posted on our Facebook page. Notification of class cancellation will occur a minimum of 2 hours prior to the start of a program. If you have questions regarding our inclement weather policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at 877-528-6993.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
In order to request a refund, written request must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, child’s name, and start date/time of the enrolled class/program, and reason for refund request. A full or partial refund for a program may be provided prior to the start of the first class of a program or prior to the start of the second class of any program session. Refunds requested after the start of the second class of any program session will not be accommodated. Refunds for missed classes will not be accommodated for any reason. Refunds will be processed as either (a) a store credit or (b) a credit for future classes.
Terms and Conditions for Registration in ALL-STAR LEARNING INC. programs:
I, the undersigned, agree to the following:
1. To enroll my child(ren) at All-Star Learning Inc. classes/programs.
2. To provide All-Star Learning Inc. with all fees prior to the dates they are due.
3. To notify All-Star Learning Inc. in advance if any person other than the parent/guardian is picking up my child/children.
4. To advise All-Star Learning Inc. if there are any changes in the family relationship, including any changes to the custody/access of my child/children.
5. I understand that absences due to illnesses or holidays and closures due to severe weather conditions and/or natural disasters are not exempt from payment.
6. To keep my child/children from attending All-Star Learning Inc. classes/programs if there is any question of illness; to notify All-Star Learning Inc. about any serious illness; and to call/inform All-Star Learning Inc. if my child/children will be absent from the program.
7. That permission is granted to call a physician or ambulance in case of an emergency or to perform any medical/emergency first-aid as necessary.
8. To bring my child(ren) to the program on time and pick up my child(ren) on time or to accept and pay late fee penalties.
9. My child is fully toilet trained and can independently go to the washroom by himself/herself without any adult supervision. I understand that no one from All-Star Learning Inc. will accompany my child to the washroom at any time. If my child is not fully toilet trained and requires the use of diapers, I understand that any diaper changing and related activities will be performed by a parent or guardian, and not anyone from All-Star Learning Inc..
10. I agree to take responsibility in providing any future updates or changes in the registration information immediately to All-Star Learning.